Importers

African Development Fund approves $ 116 million to upgrade road corridor in Tanzania

The African Development Fund board on Wednesday approved a loan of around $ 116 million to the Tanzanian government to modernize a 160 km Mnivata-Newala-Masasi road corridor in the south of the country. The Bank loan represents 98.71% of the project cost; the Tanzanian government will provide the remaining 1.29% of the funding. The project will upgrade the causeway, including ...

Read More »

South African wine industry plans more exports to China

by Xinhua writer Lyu Tianran CAPE WINELANDS, South Africa, Sept. 23 (Xinhua) – The constantly emerging vineyards along the roads of the southwestern tip of South Africa were nearly bare this time of September, the first month of spring here. Although in stark contrast to those in wine-growing countries in the northern hemisphere, South African wineries expect their vines to ...

Read More »

Even the humble Suzuki Swift can’t escape the labor tax

Thursday September 23, 2021, 3:46 p.m.Press release: New Zealand National Party Transport Minister Michael Wood urgently needs to clarify who will be exposed to his car tax, National Transport spokesman David Bennett said. “When Minister Wood launched his car tax, he said it would focus on the most polluting vehicles. But he also presented a document to Cabinet showing that ...

Read More »

Specialty Food Association Moves Winter Food Show 2022 from San Francisco to Las Vegas

The event will now take place from February 6 to 8 NEW YORK, September 22, 2021 / PRNewswire / – The Specialty Food Association (SFA) moves the Winter Fancy Food Show 2022 to Las Vegas Moscone Center Convention Center (LVCC) in San Francisco. Functioning February 6-8, the show will feature food and drink specialties from national and international exhibitors, as ...

Read More »

Port Houston sets monthly freight record in August

Port Houston processed its highest month on record for a twenty-foot equivalent unit total at 320,086 in August, a 29% increase from the same period last year. The port also recorded the highest monthly loaded imports on record with 159,791 TEUs in August, a 37% increase from August 2020. “We are securing our position as a centrally located port serving ...

Read More »

Kenya: cost of imports to rise as shilling hits new low

The Kenyan shilling continued to weaken against major currencies on Monday, hitting its lowest point this year yesterday in the economy’s latest nightmare. Official data from the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) shows the local currency traded on average at 110.16 shillings for every US dollar, which promises to make imports more expensive in the coming days. Kenya is a ...

Read More »

Shaheen Urges Federal Maritime Commission to Address Rising Costs of Overseas Shipping and Help NH Companies Stay afloat

September 20, 2021 (Manchester, NH) – US Senator Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH) sent a letter to the Federal Maritime Commission last week urging the agency to deal with soaring costs of importing goods that threaten operations and the economic recovery of New Hampshire businesses. Shaheen noted the existential threat to small businesses that cannot afford container tariffs whose costs, in some ...

Read More »

LNG at $ 25 / MMBtu Sparks Fuel Switch, Stifles Asian Spot Market Activity

LNG spot prices in Asia exceeding $ 25 / MMBtu prompted the region’s largest natural gas importers to scramble to cover exposure to energy prices for the winter, dampening spot market interest and accelerated the shift to alternative fuels. Not registered? Receive daily email alerts, subscriber notes and personalize your experience. Register now Japanese LNG importers have said the price ...

Read More »

OP-ED: Countertrade: an alternative option to explore export markets

The current policy framework requires that export payments be made through bank channels in convertible foreign currencies Bangladesh tries to explore untapped export markets from Central Asia to Eurasia, West Asia to Africa, the Caribbean to South America and many other destinations. This means that the export orientation will be broader without being limited to Europe and North America. Various ...

Read More »